Stockbroker Street


I've three houses from the Stockbroker range: number 90, 91 and 92, and they are fabulous houses. We travelled all the way to Hereford to collect number 90. It wasn't in original condition but had been restored to how it would have once looked. 




Triang wallpaper inside and the exterior was as it should be. The windows were all present and correct but the base had been replaced. Apart from adding skirting boards to hide up scruffy wallpaper at the bottom, I haven't done much with this one yet but intend to make reproduction fireplaces or buy originals if I am lucky enough to find any. I might even get my old fella making one of his lovely reproduction dressers. (see post for Lines DH8)

                                    

I've already talked about number 91 in a separate post, and house number 92 is very similar but slightly larger footprint with an adjoining garage rather than an integral one beneath the bathroom. 


I picked this one up from Oxford for £50, luckily enough my daughter was living there at the time and collected it and kept it until I could bring it home. It is in remarkable condition for its age. The only thing I've done is replace perished exterior paper with the same type and given it  lick of paint where it was required. I have yet to fix up the flooring paper at the top of the stairs where a previous owner may have had a bath or something stuck to the floor. 


This house has the stairs running up the back wall giving much more room in the hall and on the landing is a nook crying out to be used as a bathroom. In the photograph below I have only placed a vintage bathroom that I purchased to go there. That will  be my next job, I won't bother with a wall and a door, the occupants are very free spirited and will be happy with a curtain.


These are large solid beautiful houses. I only wish I had room on my shelf for all three to sit side by side. I am always wanting more. I am on the look out for a half stockbroker next.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hobbies 237 special - tudor style dollshouse

Triang number 63 - Chippenham House

Triang Number 24, previously known as number 41